Browsers | Camino 2.1.2
Author: The Camino Project
Date: 03/15/2012 01:05 AM
Size: 18.6 MB
Requires: OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7
Downloaded: 5473 times
TIP: MacBooster 2 - A powerful, recommended cleaner for your Mac.
Built from the ground up exclusively for Mac OS X, Camino is designed to make your browsing experience better. With features like annoyance blocking, tab overview, and phishing and malware detection, Camino keeps you browsing safer and faster on the Web.
• Tab Overview: Can’t find that webpage? With Tab Overview, you can see all your open tabs at a glance.
• Phishing & Malware Protection: Camino 2 includes built-in phishing and malware protection using the same data provider as popular browsers like Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome.
• Tabbed Browsing Improvements: Camino’s built-in tabbed browsing includes a scrollable tab bar, drag and drop rearranging of tabs, and a tabs menu listing all the window’s tabs.
• Download Notifications: Want a notification when a download completes? Camino 2 includes support for the Growl notification system and also “bounces” the Downloads icon in the Dock on Mac OS X 10.5 and up.
• Annoyance Blocking: Camino’s built-in annoyance blocking can block pop-ups, ads, and Flash animations. If a site requires Flash animations or pop-ups, Camino can add an exception for just that site and still block annoyances on other sites.
• Keychain Support: Camino includes the ability to save usernames and passwords in the Mac OS X Keychain, maintaining compatibility with Safari and other Mac OS X applications and making switching browsers easier.
• AppleScript Support: As a good Mac OS X citizen, Camino includes AppleScript support to help automate your browsing tasks. To learn about AppleScript features in Camino, see our AppleScript developer guide.
• Spell-checking: Camino includes support for spell-checking in every text field. Unlike in Firefox, this spell-checker is the same one used throughout Mac OS X, so you don’t have to maintain multiple dictionaries.
• Feed Detection: Camino supports the detection of RSS and Atom feeds in web pages and can pass the feeds to your favorite feed reader, including certain web-based readers like Google Reader, Bloglines, and My Yahoo.
• Full Content Zoom: On a web page designed by a 20 year-old with bionic eyes? Full content zoom scales the entire content of a web page instead of just increasing (or decreasing) the text size.
• Software Update: Camino’s software update support (based on the popular Sparkle Mac OS X update framework) makes it easy to stay up-to-date with the latest features and security fixes.
• Full Keyboard Access: The keyboard loop in the main browser window has been completely rewritten, bringing better keyboard control to the tab bar, the pop-up blocker, and the Find bar.
• Session Saving: Camino includes “session saving,” or optionally remembering what pages you were visiting when you quit and automatically loading them the next time you start.
• Recently Closed Tabs: The History menu contains a sub-menu listing the last 20 closed web pages, giving you quick access to that page you didn’t mean to close.
• Web Standards: Built on top of the Gecko 1.9 rendering engine, Camino includes support for the most popular web standards in use on today’s websites.
OS X 10.4-10.7
Also available is:
Version 1.6.11 for OS X 10.3.9
MGID NEWS FEED: