Anti-Virus | Cerberius 1.0
Author: Doktor Kleanor
Date: 04/07/2006 01:43 AM
Size: 45 KB
Requires: OS X 10.3/10.4
Downloaded: 4290 times
TIP: MacBooster 2 - A powerful, recommended cleaner for your Mac.
Other shady files from other sources (CD-ROM, file sharing...) can be dropped into the Cerberius folder to be checked. When a file cannot be trusted, it is placed in the Trash; the user is then notified, and can empty the Trash if they wish to.
This folder action script displays an alert dialog if a file dropped into the "CERBERIUS" folder is an executable (If the file seems to be compressed, it is tested. If it really is a compressed file, it is expanded and its contents are tested). The user is then prompted to choose between keeping the file or move it to the Trash (without emptying it).
1) Click on "Cerberius Installer": the script "Cerberius" is copied to the "Folder actions scripts" folder and activated. The "CERBERIUS" folder is created on the Desktop.
2) Launch Safari
• Select the "Preferences..." menu.
• Uncheck the box: Open "safe" files after downloading
• Select the CERBERIUS folder on the Desktop as the download folder
3) The folder action script Cerberius automatically verifies downloaded files in the CERBERIUS folder and notifies you if needed.
OS X 10.3 - 10.4
MGID NEWS FEED: