Admin Tools | Chalaut 1.0.4
Author: Limit Point Software
Date: 09/16/2010 01:42 PM
Requires: OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6
Downloaded: 2973 times
TIP: MacBooster 2 - A powerful, recommended cleaner for your Mac.
ChalautCM adds a menu item named "Launch As Root" to the Finder's contextual menu when you control-click on an object in the Finder.
• Chalaut: Drag the Chalaut application into your Applications folder.
• ChalautCM: Place the contextual menu plug-in "ChalautCM.plugin" into your "Contextual Menu Items" folder. The "Contextual Menu Items" is located either at:
Computer > Library > Contextual Menu Items
Home > Library > Contextual Menu Items
• You should create the folder if it does not exist. Afterwards you need to logout and then back in to load the plug-in.
• Chalaut initially runs in trial mode. Launch the application to activate the trial. The contextual menu will not run until the application has activated the trial.
• When the trial expires: in the Chalaut application select "Password..." from the Chalaut menu to enter either a demo or registered password. Neither the application or contextual menu run without a valid password.
How to use Chalaut:
• Drag the application or document you wish to launch with root privileges on top of the Chalaut application icon in the Finder. You will presented with an authentication dialog. Enter the name and password of an administrator to allow the application or document to be launched by Chalaut. Chalaut quits after launching the application.
How to use ChalautCM:
• Control-click on the application or document in the Finder and select "Launch As Root" from the contextual menu. You will presented with an authentication dialog. Enter the name and password of an administrator to allow the application to be launched by ChalautCM.
License: To register any Limit Point Software product you simply need to purchase it by making a donation. After you donate, permanent passwords for all products will be emailed to you directly from Limit Point Software.
MGID NEWS FEED: