Browsers | Charlotte 1.2
Author: Lifli Software Private Limited
Date: 05/11/2007 05:17 PM
Size: 1.9 MB
Requires: OS X 10.4
Downloaded: 2539 times
TIP: MacBooster 2 - A powerful, recommended cleaner for your Mac.
When you run Charlotte you will see a new green status item (Icons at the right like Date-Time, Volume, Airport etc) in your menu bar. Click on the new status item and enter keywords to find results instantly. Click the Search Icon in the Search field to see a menu with more options like Preferences, Previous searches, Updates and to Quit the application. Select “Show All Results” in the menu to see the detailed results window.
Charlotte leverages the power of the Web Services, Internet and Mac OS X Technologies to bring you a truly unique and fun experience searching the Web. You can customize the keyboard shortcuts to display the Charlotte search window and enable auto suggest feature. With “Live Snapshots” for results and a built-in Web Browser you don’t have to switch applications to view the results. You can select from a multitude of eye-pleasing animation effects like Page Curl, Ripple, Copy Machine, Flash, Dissolve etc when switching to different category results or switching from results view to browser view and vice versa.
Built-in Web Browser
• When you click a result link, Charlotte switches to browser mode from results mode.
• The browser mode supports a tabbed browser with animation effects when switching tabs. You don’t have to switch to a different application to view the results in detail. Of course you can customize this behavior to open the result links in your default browser by selecting the options in the application preferences window. The browser mode also has support for saving bookmarks in del.icio.us and viewing the saved ones.
• You can customize the behavior of the application by selecting different options in the application preferences.
• You can select the animation effects for switching between categories and tabs in the browser mode. • You can turn on Auto Suggest option and your preferred mode of opening clicked hyperlinks.
• You can also set the keyboard shortcuts for the search window and the detailed results window.
Settings per plugin
• The Sites section of the application preferences window lets you set custom option for each plugin.
• Depending on the plugin you can set options like number of results, language, format, filters, country, language, region and etc.
Web and News
• You can quickly view the top twenty results from the most popular sources of web and news resources on the Internet.
• The thumbshots and live previews provide additional context for the results so you can decide if you want to read more. The Info section of each result provides additional information.
Just for Developers
• The developers category provides plugins to search for code snippets from different mailing lists.
• It is always easier to learn new techniques by looking at sample code. When you get stuck and need to find more information about a specific API or issue, query the Koders service for help.
OS X 10.4
MGID NEWS FEED: