File Management | Default Folder X 5.1.3
Author: St Clair Software
Date: 01/11/2017 07:25 PM
Size: 6.6 MB
License: Shareware $34.95
Requires: OS X 10.10/10.11/10.12
Downloaded: 2576 times
TIP: MacBooster 2 - A powerful, recommended cleaner for your Mac.
• You can access the contents of your recent, favorite, and open folders right from Default Folder X's toolbar. Its hierarchical pop-up menus expand as you mouse over them, letting you navigate your folders to get to your files. To work faster, you can assign a keyboard shortcut for all of your favorite folders. If an Open and Save dialog isn't open, then you can use Default Folder X's menu bar, Dock icon, or keyboard shortcuts.
Real time saving
• If you're constantly saving things inside the same folder, Default Folder X can remember that folder for you. You can even set a different default folder for each application you use. That way, you'll already be in the right folder when you're working.
• Have you ever wanted to save a file to an open Finder window? Default Folder X lets you open up or save to any Finder window with a single click. It also lets you get info on, rename, and delete existing files, putting the Finder's power in every Open and Save dialog.
• To help you quickly return to folders you've recently used, Default Folder X remembers them for you. It can even rebound to the last file you used in all your recent folders. With Default Folder X, you'll never forget where you put something.
Spotlight on the spot
• Mac OS X delivers amazing search capabilities with Spotlight, but adding your own search keywords requires a trip to the Finder's Get Info window or to an application like Tags, Fresh, or Tag Folders. No more! Default Folder X lets you add Spotlight keywords, OpenMeta tags, and Finder labels on the spot, while you're still in the Save dialog. It even remembers keywords you've used before and automatically completes them as you type.
• Mac OS X delivers amazing previews with QuickLook, but in Open dialogs they're small and you can only see them in column view. With Default Folder X you get previews below every Open dialog, expanded to fill the available space. Need to see more detail? Click on the image and it zooms up to full size.
• And if you'd rather have words instead of pictures, Default Folder X delivers those details too. The file's size, the date you created and modified it, the Finder label, Spotlight comments, OpenMeta tags, access permissions - they're all there too.
Workflow without work
• Rather than make you learn and set up a new application, Default Folder X blends into Mac OS X. Its pop-up menus and Finder integration will start saving you time immediately, and it will put your pre-existing Favorite folders in its toolbar right away. When you do decide to start customizing it, Default Folder X lets you set default folders and assign shortcuts right from its toolbar. Finally, effortless workflow.
Limitations: 30-day trial.
OS X 10.10+
Also available is:
Version 4.7.4 for OS X 10.6-10.10
MGID NEWS FEED: