Drive Utilities | iMac HDD Fan Control 2.5
Author: Surtees Software
Date: 06/10/2014 06:10 PM
Size: 3.1 MB
License: Shareware $35.00
Requires: OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10
Downloaded: 2157 times
TIP: MacBooster 2 - A powerful, recommended cleaner for your Mac.
Have you replaced your iMac’s Hard Drive with a new HDD or a SSD and the fan has started running at full speed creating a lot of noise?
HDD Fan Control controls the fan speed in relation to the drive's temperature, slows the fan down preventing the loud noise and keeps your drive safe from overheating.
iMac HDD Fan Control does not require Apple’s temperature sensor or cable to obtain the drives temperature as it uses the S.M.A.R.T (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) protocol built into all drives, this means you no longer need the temperature sensor or cable for the fan to operate correctly.
• Fixes iMac Fan Noise problem
• Stops the fan always running at full speed
• Allows HDD Fan to run at a speed related to Drive's temperature
• Does not need the Apple Temperature Sensor or Firmware
• No hardware modifications needed
• Protects Drive from Overheating
• Works with all HDD's & SSD's.
Limitations: One-hour trial.
OS X 10.5+
MGID NEWS FEED: