Security | Knox 2.3.2
Author: Marko Karppinen & Co.
Date: 08/21/2015 11:03 PM
Size: 1.4 MB
License: Shareware $34.99
Requires: OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10
Downloaded: 3089 times
TIP: MacBooster 2 - A powerful, recommended cleaner for your Mac.
Create as many encrypted vaults as you want, each with separate passwords. Then schedule automatic backups. You can even reformat USB sticks and external drives as encrypted Knox vaults - moving files between Macs has never been so simple and secure.
Military grades it military-grade:
• Knox uses the Mac OS X encrypted disk images feature, the technology behind FileVault, to protect your data. This means that your vaults are encrypted by the U.S. Government's new Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) with 256-bit or 128-bit key length. The AES algorithm is secure, but don't take our word for it: even the NSA has found its strength to be sufficient for protecting classified national security information. The implication? Your data will be safe whether it's a kid or a rogue nation going after it.
<li>And because the encrypted disk images are supported as standard in Mac OS X, Knox vaults—including whole disks encrypted with Knox—can be opened even without Knox installed.
Fast Vault Switching:
• Knox fits to the way you work, living either on the Dock or on the menu bar. You can open, close and backup vaults directly from the always-available vaults menu. It's easy to keep the vaults you need—just the vaults you need—open, with the rest safely behind closed doors.
<li> Finding files from your Knox vaults is easy with Spotlight, but Knox also gives you the option of enabling or disabling the indexing separately for each vault. The Spotlight index is stored on the vault itself, ensuring that the contents are searchable only when the vault is open.
Professional Seal of Approval:
• Knox is a part of the daily workflow of professional organizations in over 60 countries worldwide. The uses of Knox in these organizations include:
- Ensuring the confidentiality of medical records and other sensitive patient information
- Securing legal documents, case files and privileged attorney-client correspondence
- Encrypting company trade secrets on corporate computers and on business travelers' laptops
Limitations: 30-day trial.
OS X 10.6+
Also available is:
Universal Binary version 2.0.8 for OS X 10.4-10.5
MGID NEWS FEED: