Drivers | Mac OS X TPM device driver for the Infineon TPM 1.2. v1.0
Author: Amit Singh
Date: 04/21/2007 11:05 PM
Size: 21 KB
Requires: OS X 10.4/10.5
Downloaded: 1479 times
TIP: MacBooster 2 - A powerful, recommended cleaner for your Mac.
The TPM is a very interesting and complex piece of hardware with many uses. For example, you could use the TPM from within your own programs to:
• Create private/public key pairs such that the private key never leaves the TPM in clear form. Therefore, the private key cannot be stolen (nor can you yourself clone it.) Private keys can leave the chip after they have been "wrapped" (encrypted with a TPM-resident key.)
• Sign data. (Again, without the private key ever leaving the chip.)
• Encrypt data such that it can only be decrypted on the physical machine (specifically, through the physical TPM) it was encrypted on.
• Encrypt data such that the process is additionally contingent upon one or more "measurements" (in simple terms, the state of things on the system, as determined by hash values contained in one or more TPM Platform Configuration Registers.) In this case, decryption will only succeed if the said measurements are identical to their values at encryption time.
• In protocols (such as SSL) that use key exchange, employ the TPM for a much better guarantee regarding the identities involved.
The download is source code and will need to be compiled before use.
OS X 10.4-10.5
MGID NEWS FEED: