File Management | Name Mangler 3.4.0
Author: Many Tricks
Date: 11/23/2016 11:31 PM
Size: 9.5 MB
License: Shareware $19.00
Requires: OS X 10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12
Downloaded: 1218 times
TIP: MacBooster 2 - A powerful, recommended cleaner for your Mac.
• Name Mangler makes most renaming tasks as easy as choosing your desired action from a pop-up menu, then configuring a few options for the chosen action. For example, the Change Case action offers the ability to change filenames to lowercase, to uppercase, or to title case.
• Configure the chosen action, check the preview of the files' new names, click the Rename button, and that's all there is to it.
• Name Mangler is really fast. Watch the progress bar at right to see just how fast—that's 5,000 files being renamed in just over three seconds. As fast as that is, some operations may go even faster.
• Other renamers may give you time to get a cup of coffee while processing your files, but Name Mangler gives you something much better: your files, renamed. Which would you rather have?
Renaming speed will vary based on drive speed, Mac used, etc.
Streamline operations with multi-step
• Need to massage your files in more than one way? No need to run Name Mangler multiple times on the same files. Just add another step—or ten—to your action, and Name Mangler will do everything for you, all in one pass.
• Steps can be rearranged, added, or deleted at any time, and Name Mangler will instantly reflect the changes you make.
• Need access to your files' metdata? No problem; Name Mangler contains over 150 metdata fieldsavailable for use in your renaming actions. Certain numeric and date metadata values can even be formatted to your specifications.
• All of this is available through the normal renaming interface, via an intuitive and blindingly-fast metadata browser. Just start typing, and the browser will quickly isolate matching fields.
Repeating history isn't always bad
• Name Mangler's elephant-like memory means you can easily access any previously-used renaming action, and reuse it with a couple of mouse clicks.
• By default, Name Mangler remembers your last 50 renaming actions, but you can increase or decrease this value (or set it to unlimited or off) in the preferences.
Save time with Presets
• Presets let you store your often-used renaming actions in a menu for fast future access. You can load and run as saved, or modify after loading to do something slightly different.
• You can even share your presets between Macs via a syncing service, such as Dropbox or Box.
• Name Mangler also includes a number of commonly-used renaming actions saved as Presets for quick access.
Unlock the power of Advanced mode
• Programmers and technical types can use Advanced mode to create mini programs that run within Name Mangler, solving even the most complex of renaming tasks. These programs can be saved for easy reuse, too.
• The editor includes auto-completion, auto-indentation, tabbing to the next empty parameter, indenting and outdenting of full sections of code, and find and replace.
Limitations: Name Mangler will work for 25 launches without limitation. After that, you won't be able to rename more than five files at a time, and you won't be able to create or use droplets until you purchase a license.
OS X 10.8+
MGID NEWS FEED: