File Management | Peep 2.2.2
Date: 05/19/2014 07:13 PM
Size: 3.4 MB
Requires: OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9
Downloaded: 1466 times
TIP: MacBooster 2 - A powerful, recommended cleaner for your Mac.
There are many different text encoding systems (ways of representing characters within a file) and a file doesn't necessarily know what encoding it's in. This can lead to frustrating problems when the file is opened.
Peep is a file viewing and text encoding utility which is useful when programming, when experiencing text encoding problems or when you need to extract information from a file that you can't open otherwise.
Allows you to view files in a 'hexeditor' style, it's not intended to be an editor but rather to inspect, access or sort out encoding problems.
• View any file in detail, view / save in any text encoding
• Displays each byte as data (decimal or hex notation) or as text
• Can take text directly from the clipboard
• Try different text encodings to find the correct one or the best fit
• Attempts to filter the text from a proprietary format
• Saves a text file using the same or another encoding
OS X 10.4+
MGID NEWS FEED: