File Management | Tag Folders 2.6
Author: Jon Stovell
Date: 07/22/2010 08:54 PM
Size: 2.7 MB
Requires: OS X 10.5/10.6
Downloaded: 2435 times
TIP: MacBooster 2 - A powerful, recommended cleaner for your Mac.
Customizable and easy as pie
• Making a new Tag Folder is as simple as clicking on the “New Tag” Tag Folder. Drop files onto “New Tag” to automatically make a new Tag Folder to contain them.
• Modify your Tag Folder’s search criteria to make it as simple or as complex as you like. It will add all the specified tags to the files dropped onto it. It can even remove unwanted tags at the same time.
• Tag Folders can nest inside one another. Simply drop one Tag Folder onto another to create a hierarchy of Tag Folders.
• Nested Tag Folders inherit the tags of their parents, and pass them on to their children. Add your “Project 1” Tag Folder to your “Work” Tag Folder, and any files added to “Project 1” will also appear in “Work”.
Plays well with others
• Tag Folders uses the emerging OpenMeta tagging standard for Mac OS X, which makes one set of tags universally accessible to all apps that support them. Tag Folders works seamlessly with all OpenMeta apps.
• Tag Folders can also write copies of tags to Spotlight Comments to maintain compatibility with legacy tagging applications that don’t yet support OpenMeta, such as TagBot, Leap (v 1.1), Punakea, the Quicksilver File Tagging plugin, and more. You may also define a custom syntax to suit your needs.
Automated, because that’s what computers are for
• Tag Prompter is a helper application that makes it almost effortless to keep your files properly tagged and organized. It watches folders for new or modified files and prompts you to tag them automatically. Save a file, and a dialog box will appear within a moment or two offering to tag that document by adding it to any Tag Folders you choose. Aside from selecting the appropriate Tag Folder(s) from the list, no further work on your part is needed.
OS X 10.5-10.6
MGID NEWS FEED: