File Management | TuneSpan 0.9.8.3 Beta / 1.3.1
Author: Random Applications
Date: 10/24/2015 02:37 PM
Size: 1.9 MB
License: Shareware $14.99
Requires: OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Downloaded: 1916 times
TIP: MacBooster 2 - A powerful, recommended cleaner for your Mac.
First and foremost, TuneSpan has a location browser, so you can see where your media files are located. TuneSpan also provides more advanced filtering options than iTunes. For example, if you select a media type, the rest of the interface will update to only show playlists which contain that media type and only show locations with files of that media type.
Moreover, filters can be combined to narrow what you see in the interface, with a media type selected; you can then select a playlist and the locations will be updated to only show files for tracks of the selected media type in the selected playlist. In the toolbar, you can quickly see what filters are active, and click to bring up a menu to easily modify or clear your active filters. TuneSpan provides primarily a drag-and-drop interface, but can also be fully controlled by the keyboard, and contains many contextual menus to provide advanced functionality and usability.
• TuneSpan allows you to truly manage the media files in your iTunes library, giving you the ability to effortlessly move them to wherever you choose (an external drive of any kind, even a network drive) and easily keep track of all locations.
• TuneSpan uses the term "span" to describe moving your media files; you can have your files spanned across many different drives without any confusion.
• TuneSpan never removes any of your tracks from iTunes, so your playlists, play counts, etc. are always preserved.
• TuneSpan makes copies of your media files at the selected location; none of your media files are ever removed. And, TuneSpan can clean up after itself: After tracks have been successfully spanned, TuneSpan can move the original files to the trash, and even check for empty folders and move those to the trash as well to help keep your system tidy.
• TuneSpan's interface provides the ability to quickly see where your media files are, and easily restore them to their original location, or even move them around again.
• Not only does TuneSpan provide the ability to easily move your media files around, but it also allows you to browse your iTunes library in much more comprehensive and sophisticated ways.
Download is for the demo /beta version 0.9.8.3. TuneSpan commercial version 1.3.1 for 64-bit OS X 10.8+ is available on the Mac App Store.
OS X 10.5 (Universal), 32-bit 10.6+
MGID NEWS FEED: